What is the Difference between AXIS plan with Pre-Existing Coverage, CHUBB Network and CHUBB Premier Plans?

In the context of healthcare in the United States, a pre-existing condition such as high blood pressure, diabetes, asthma, etc., is a medical condition that started before a person’s health benefits went into effect. You might look and feel healthy, but you might have a condition that you don’t know about. It’s very painful to find out about a sickness when it’s too late. Most insurance companies do not cover pre-existing conditions.

AXIS plan vs. CHUBB plans with pre-existing condition coverage


The main difference between AXIS plan with pre-existing coverage, CHUBB Network and CHUBB Premier plans are pre-existing condition limitation to Acute Onset.
CHUBB Network and CHUBB Premier DO NOT have any Acute Onset limitation. You can go to a doctor anytime you want.

CHUBB Network plan covers for 80 percent of medical expense, and the insured is responsible for the remaining 20 percent up to the policy maximum. This is a great plan for older people (50+ years), and people with pre-existing conditions. CHUBB Network plan uses a very broad definition of pre-existing conditions – pre-existing conditions are covered in the same way like new problems and accidents except they are subject to different deductible and different policy max.

CHUBB Premier is another option for people who are looking for pre-existing coverage and willing to take some risk. This is a fixed benefit plan and is more affordable to fit different budgets. This plan uses a very broad definition like network plan and pays for both pre-existing conditions and new problems using schedule of benefits (Fixed benefits).

AXIS plan with pre-existing coverage DOES have Acute Onset requirement. If you experience an acute onset of a pre-existing condition, benefits are payable according to your policy benefits. Treatment for said condition must be obtained within 12 hours of the sudden and unexpected outbreak or reoccurrence. This is a fixed benefit with very limited coverage of up to $1000 for pre-existing conditions based on a very restrictive definition of acute onset, a common definition used by industry in travel insurance market. Not recommended for any one with serious pre-ex conditions.

What is Acute Onset?

Most insurance companies don’t offer pre-existing coverage, but do offer acute onset coverage. There are a lot of exceptions that may apply when it comes to acute onset. For most insurance companies, insured must seek medical attention within 12 or 24 hour window after initial symptoms manifestation in order to be considered acute onset.

What you need to know about acute onset

You should seek medical attention as soon as you experience any symptoms. When it comes to extreme conditions like a heart attack or stroke, people need to get immediate care since these conditions can be very severe, and could cost a lot of money.
People should stay away from insurance plans that have pre-existing condition coverage with acute onset definition. This definition pretty much nullifies the coverage you were expecting for pre-existing conditions as it is impossible to run to the hospital immediately after some discomfort. Due to this reason, any plans that offer millions of dollars of pre-existing conditions coverage using the “ACUTE ONSET” definition at a very low price. As you see very well, most claims do not qualify under the definition of “acute onset” and you will soon realize that plan has no practical coverage for pre-existing conditions.

Any pre-existing coverage that uses “acute onset” definition is likely to deny your claims.

To be able to get medical help right away, you need to get a Visitor Health Insurance. That will help you during any medical emergencies. On this page you can compare and apply for Visitor Health Insurance plans offered by India Network Services.

India Network Services is a US-based company that administers visitor health insurance to tourists, students, temporary workers and their families. Visitor medical plans are offered for all age groups (0-99 years old) with both fixed coverage, comprehensive coverage and with pre-existing condition coverage.

Please visit this page to get a quote of Visitor Health Insurance Plans offered by India Network Services.

Leave Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *