If you have become a lawful permanent resident, congratulations! Read about your rights and responsibilities.
As a permanent resident (green card holder), you have the right to:
- Live permanently in the United States provided you do not commit any actions that would make you removable under immigration law
- Work in the United States at any legal work of your qualification and choosing. (Please note that some jobs will be limited to U.S. citizens for security reasons)
- Be protected by all laws of the United States, your state of residence and local jurisdictions
Your Responsibilities as a Permanent Resident
As a permanent resident, you are:
- Required to obey all laws of the United States the states, and localities
- Required to file your income tax returns and report your income to the U.S. Internal Revenue Service and state taxing authorities
- Expected to support the democratic form of government and not to change the government through illegal means
- Required, if you are a male age 18 through 25, to register with the Selective Service
Also, one of the most important things to remember is purchasing a good health insurance plan that will help to protect you and your family from having unexpected medical expenses.
India Network Services provides a variety of different health insurance plans for US citizens and Residents such as CareAccess Plan, Critical Ilness Plan, Fusion Plan, Dental Insurance Plan and RX Prescription Paycard Plan.
Read more about our health insurance plans, visitor insurance plans and worldwide travel plans.
India Network Accident and Sickness Insurance is sponsored by the India Network Foundation, a U.S. based non-profit organization founded to serve the Asian Indian community around the World, and Researchers and Scholars interested in learning about India. Started as the first Internet resource for India related news and events in 1988, the INF has established itself as the First and foremost resource on India and India related issues.
With more than two decades of experience serving the Indian community, the India Network Foundation leverages community participation to offer affordable visitor medical insurance premiums to members traveling to the USA, Canada, or Mexico with Network/Non-Network options.