Florida has a lot of attractions for different ages and backgrounds. People travel to Florida to explore its famous beaches, Disney Land, Universal Studios, and other attractions. During this time of hurricane monitoring, it is important for all visitors to learn about few things that can help them stay safe.
It is very important to know what to do before and after the hurricane so that you can keep your family out of the harm’s way. Knowing what to do and where to go is the first step of planning for hurricane. Below are some important things to consider when it comes to natural disasters.
- The evacuation plan: If the officials order people in your location to evacuate, you should be ready to do so. In addition to that, you have to know where you need to be going. Different counties provide directions on places to go in case of dangerous conditions. Even though the situation might not be as bad, it is wise to prepare your evacuation kit, make sure your car is fully loaded with the basic essentials and everyone is ready for a long trip.
- Stay informed: Before the situation gets out of hand, keeping up with the news and hurricane updates is a great idea to stay safe. Contact the local emergency management agency for more information.
- Get food and water enough to last you for at least three days after the hurricane if you will be staying indoors. Other things to collect include first aid kit, flash light, medications, cash, and anything else you might need in case you will not be able to go outside.
- Keep all your important documentations like your passports in a secure place.
- Get help when you need it. In case of injuries or sickness, you can call Doctor On Demand to speak with a doctor (free service for hurricane Irma victims ends 09/15/17).
Tips for all travelers with India Network Health Insurance:
Keep your visitor health insurance card close in case of any injuries or sicknesses during and after the hurricane. It is important that you have all the information you need with you at all time.
Please call us or send us a WhatsApp message at 407-243-8760 ahead of time if your policy is about to end or need an extension to renew a plan during the hurricane. India Network Health Insurance will provide an extension that will allow you pay or renew your plan after the expiration date. Please note: The extension will only apply for people in locations affected by hurricane Irma.
India Network Foundation is advising all members, visitors, and their families to stay safe during this hard time.